Thursday 14 February 2008

Almost 40 Thieves

No, it's not a tribute band - but it should be. I'd love to see the guy playing Randy. Would he be a lookalike? I mean, how could he be, there can't be 2 guys that handsome who can play fiddle! Maybe they'd get some boy band looking dude to fiddle-sync along with the music. And what if he could Irish step dance too?!? - feet flailing about as if independent from his upper body, fiddle bow sawing away on imaginary strings. That sounds better than us! I'd actually pay to see that!

Randy - if we got a guy like that, could you coach him up? You'd still be the genius behind the scenes, the puppeteer, if you will...

What was this supposed to be about? Oh yes, we're playing this Friday without Melanie. After playing twice in the last couple months without Jim. Maybe this will become our new schtick - who's not here tonight?!? The band that never shows up with all members intact - kinda like a Lynyrd Skynyrd show, or an Eagles reunion! (Was this a possibly offensive remark about Skynyrd? Yes, but nobody reads this but me - I can write whatever I want!) Oh well, we'll certainly miss Melanie. I understand she's to be knighted. Now who will the 22 year old boys fawn all over? Randy?

1 comment:

40 Thieves said...

Last Friday night at Fado without Melanie was, as Charlie described, far more testosterone-filled than normal. I think he was right - even Randy butched it up pretty good.

Next week at Ireland's Four Fields we'll be back with everyone. Look for at least one set to be pretty heavy with Indigo Girls, the Corrs, the Bangles, Helen Ready, and such - just to make up for last Friday. I think I'll go watch Steel Magnolias again to prepare.